Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Haunting of Maddy Clare




Book: The Haunting of Maddy Clare
Author: Simone St. James
Release date (if applicable): Published
Synopsis: Sarah Piper is hired by Alastair Gellis, a 1920's ghost hunter, and much to the objections of his partner, Matthew Ryder, to investigate the spirit of Maddy Clare, who committed suicide in the barn of her employer, doesn't like men and won't let them get near her without exacting a revenge. Was that it to Maddy's story though or is she a misunderstood spirit? On a side note, what is with the dynamics between Matthew and Sarah??
My rating: 4 stars
My opinion: I loved this book. It has been a very long time since a ghost story hasn't left me bored to tears. This one kept me interested with the author's abilities to write in the language of the 1920's and the "tone" of the story to keep it almost "Gothic".  I would almost compare this to Shirley Jackson's, The Haunting of Hill House.
Would I recommend? : For people who like ghost stories
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

1 comment:

  1. Loved Jackson's "The Haunting of Hill House." Thanks for the heads up!

    Barbara
    www.barbarakrichardson.com

    ReplyDelete