Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Drowned by Theresa Bowman


Book: Drowned

Author: Theresa Bowman

Release date (if applicable): May 22, 2012

Synopsis: Marina visits her sister, Stella and while there falls under the spell of Stella's violent, sadistic and manipulative husband, Gabriel. Tragedy strikes and Stella dies. What are in Stella's diaries and will Marina fall victim to Gabriel's manipulative ways the same way her sister did?

My rating: 2 stars and that was really stretching it!

My opinion: I really could not wrap my head around this book. I found it has taken me a few days to even write the review. I found it simplistic in its' writing and was scratching my head at the end of it. Furthermore, I found the characters to be underdeveloped and for it to almost feel "thrown together".  I am a fan of Nordic Noir and Scandinavian writing. In fact, I have a group on Goodreads dedicated to it. But this one was lacking in alot of the characteristics that I love about that region's writers.

Source: Reviewed through Netgalley for the publisher

Would I recommend? :  No

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment