Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Burning (Maeve Kerrigan #1) by Jane Casey



Book: The Burning

Author: Jane Casey

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: There is a Burning Man serial killer running around London. His latest victim, Rebecca Haworth, has a history behind her, but is she truly his latest victim or of a plot much more sinister. DC Maeve Kerrigan is determined to find out even if it kills her!

My rating: 4 stars

My opinion: I loved this series debut so much that I ended up grabbing the next in the series, The Reckoning (to be reviewed at a later date) from this dynamic author.

In my opinion, this book was much more of a psychological thriller than a slice and dice. I did find myself at times getting bored with areas that seemed to drag on and my rating is reflective of that. I think if the author had "spruced" it up with a little bit more "action", I would definitely heading into the 5 star range. The author slightly reminded me of a tamer Val McDermid and JT Ellison. As more of her books come out, we will see if she can live up to that twisted sister level of "twistedness" yet maintaining high quality writing of these dynamic authors.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Absolutely

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: First in series

No comments:

Post a Comment