Friday, June 29, 2012

Fire in my Belly: A book to Cook from When You Are Stone Cold Hungry by Kevin Gillespie


Book: Fire in my Belly: A Book to Cook from When You Are Stone Cold Hungry

Author: Kevin Gillespie

Release date (if applicable): October 16, 2012

Synopsis: A incredible collection of unusual recipes from a finalist in the Food Network's Top Chef series. These recipes range from "foods that you thought you hated" to, I swear, a recipe for Honey Bun Bread Pudding with Peanut Butter Whiskey Sauce, utilizing Lil Debbie Honey buns that he concocted on a dare. There is even a drink recipe in the book where the ingredient is moonshine!

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: When I first took a look at this book, I was thinking Paula Deen on testosterone. As I got into it, Gillespie is SO FAR above that. He is in a class of his own! His recipes are unique with awesome pictures, excellent expanations in a layout that screams "FUN".

A word of warning, though, a better chunk of his recipes are not for the novice chef and require in depth preparation. He does give some in depth explanations, but not enough for a beginning cook to comprehend. But be prepared for some fun recipes with nice twists to standard food prep. One thing I did notice is that some of the ingredients might be difficult, depending on geographical area, to find so either give yourself time to locate them or find suitable substitutions.

This is defintely a chef I will be keeping an eye on!

Keep an eye out...I will be testing a couple of his recipes for The Pub and Grub Forum!

Source:Netgalley

Would I recommend? : Yep, and when time, it will be heading into my Amazon cart!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

Special Note: I will be sampling a couple of these recipes on my food blog, The Pub and Grub Forum! http://thepubandgrubforum.blogspot.com/   Be sure to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment