Tuesday, June 5, 2012

No Buddy Left Behind: Bringing US Troops' Dogs and Cats Home from the Combat Zone by Terri Crisp


Book: No Buddy Left Behind: Bringing US Troops' Dogs and Cats Home from the Combat Zone

Author: Terri Crisp

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Ms. Crisp relates stories of bringing back dogs and cats that soldiers serving in the Middle East have grown attached to and their odyssey to bring them to the US.

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion:  This book has the two things I love a bunch in my life! The US military and animals. I have been familiar with the work Ms. Crisp has done on behalf of our military and her love of animals. I have seen multiple documentaries on Operation Baghdad Pups, as well spotlights on animals she has brought back through the operation. I didn't give this book 5 stars for its' writing (and frankly, if it came off as being "professionally written" I probably wouldn't have given it 5 stars. I gave this book 5 stars for the pure "emotionality" of the book. I will admit that there were times that I was tearing up, not only for happiness, but as I was reading how these animals suffer in the Middle East, yet how they keep their hearts open when they are shown love by our military. Coming from a psychology background, although I have read several books on this topic, I thought it was interesting to see how Ms. Crisp related stories of the dogs suffering from PTSD symptoms. Makes them even a little bit more human like in my book. I ended up reading this book in a couple of hours because I simply couldn't put it down.

Source: Library

Would I recommend? : Yes, to animal lovers

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment