Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hell or High Water by Joy Castro



Book: Hell or High Water

Author: Joy Castro

Release date (if applicable): July 17, 2012

Synopsis: Hispanic news reporter, Nola Cesapades, is investigating sex offenders in New Orleans when a pretty co-ed working as an au pair is kidnapped from a restaurant. What does this kidnapping have to do with Nola's story and where does her past come into play with the whole situation?

My rating: 2 Stars and I was pretty generous

My opinion: I felt like I was reading one of those 1970's tv crime dramas. You know the ones that are overly acted and filled with cliches! This book was so melodramatic in its' presentation there were times that I was laughing at serious scenes in the book. The book, to boot, really didn't follow any format and it felt as though it skipped around that it was pretty discombobulated in how it read. I must admit that if I wasn't reviewing it for Netgalley, it would have gone into the couldn't finish pile. There was a moment in the book that I felt it became pretty predictable and easy to predict the ending.

Source: Netgalley for St. Martin's Press

Would I recommend? : No

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment