Sunday, July 22, 2012

Some Kind of Fairytale by Graham Joyce


Book:  Some Kind of Fairytale

Author: Graham Joyce

Release date (if applicable): July 10, 2012

Synopsis: Tara  Martin disappeared in the woods almost 20 years ago. Her boyfriend, Richie, has been the prime suspect in killing her in the woods. One Christmas morning she suddenly appears on her parents door step with a wild story about where she has been.  Was Tara kidnapped by fairies, has she spun a fairy tale of her own to explain her disappearance 20 years ago or is it even Tara? It is up to Dr. Underwood and her brother, Peter, to get down to the bottom of the story. When physical evidence shows some really unusual findings, it leaves everyone scratching their heads.   

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: When I first read this book, I had compared it to Jennifer McMahon's book "Don't Breathe a Word ". Then it took off in a different direction!

A very unusual read from this author was almost poetic in his presentation. I loved this book because it presented as almost a psychological study on many levels. Yet, the author managed to weave the mystery into the storyline which kept readers guessing as to the identity of Tara.

Peter's dysfunctional children give the story a little bit of an extra treat. I found myself chuckling at many of the children's, particularly the son's, antics.

On a side note: I had originally recieved this book as an ebook from the publisher. In my opinion, this book did not convert well to ebook. I ended up waiting for the book to be released to hardback prior to reviewing.

Source: Netgalley for Doubleday

Would I recommend? : Yeah, Boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment