Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Order of the Seers



Book: Order of the Seers

Author: Cerece Rennie Murphy

Release date (if applicable): September 4, 2012

Synopsis: A genetic marker has been identified which identifies Seers. Not to be used for good, a political group called The Guild is on a manhunt to collect Seers for their own evil purposes.  Lilli, a seer and her brother, Liam, go on the run after their parents murder and join forces with other seers. Can they save themselves? Will The Guild succeed in their evil plans? 

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: Ms. Murphy's novel is an excellent example of why I love, not only indie authors, but debut authors so much. This book was fresh, hoppin' and a fun, yet engrossing read. I am new to dystopian novels, but thoroughly enjoyed this novel. Targeted towards the Young Adult audience, in my humble opinion, this is the type of book to introduce them to an exciting genre with characters who are approachable and enough tension, both sexual and political, to give just a good old fashioned captivating read.

Word of warning: I would not recommend this book to the younger reader due to sexual scenes and language.

Source: Author for review

Would I recommend? : Most definitely. I am adult and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: The author has informed me that this will be part of a trilogy.

 

1 comment:

  1. WOW...Naomi! I hope you know you made my day. Thank you, thank you, thank you! So glad you gave my book a chance :-)

    ReplyDelete