Friday, November 2, 2012

Alive in the Storm by Sylvia Gravrock


Book: Alive in the Storm

Author: Sylvia Gravrock

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Allison Barrington, when she is ten, is brutally raped and left for dead. She is saved by her grandmother, Callie, who in her 20's after brutal abuse by her husband, got lost in the Rockies with her 2 year old son, and was saved by an angel by the name of Leo.

In order to help her granddaughter survive and thrive, Callie teaches her how to fly and feel the freedom of being in the air. When Allison, scarred from her earlier years, makes a drastic decision and takes off in a plane, while flying the engine sputters and cuts off, can Leo save her as well? Was the engine failure a mechanical error or something much more drastic by Allison to deal with her pain?

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion:  I have to say that I loved this little novel. I loved the lessons and characters of this book. Although the beginning of this story was absolutely brutal and the description of the bullying was sad, the underlying story (or what is written beneath the surface) was stunning.

On a side note, although this book was excellent, I think the price point on this book was a TAD high. I would hate to see something like that keep it out of the hands of readers because it was a WONDERFUL and REFRESHING read!

Source: Publisher for Review        

Would I recommend? : Yes, for those who like religious fiction or aren't easily offended by the use of scripture or references to God in their books. I also think that young adults would enjoy this novel and that it has an important message of survival to it.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment