Friday, November 2, 2012

Disappeared by Anthony Quinn




Book: Disappeared

Author: Anthony Quinn

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: The division of Northern Ireland and Ireland continue when Catholic detective, Celcius Daly is called in to investigate the disappearance of a special agent investigating  the disappearance of a man which could possibly be linked to a string of murders attributed to the IRA. In order to solve the disappearance and murders, Daly must reopen a painful Irish history. Who has things to hide about the IRA and will Daly survive once he brings it to the surface?

My rating: 4.5 Stars

My opinion: This book was recommended to me by another Netgalley reviewer and I am thrilled it was. Being of Irish descent, I have always been fascinated by books set in Ireland, but also of the IRA. This book fed into both of those interests of mine. To boot, it was just great writing. The story opened slowly like an oyster holding onto a pearl. The characters were as vivid as looking at a photograph with multiple layers and dimensions that a reader feels that they know them as well as a friend. Finally, the author was able to do a whopper of a twist that left me with a "WOW..didn't see that coming!" moment, which I love when books can do that!

I do agree with my buddy who recommended it. DO NOT SKIM THIS BOOK...YOU WILL MISS OUT ON IMPORTANT MOMENTS!

Source:   Netgalley for Publisher    

Would I recommend? : Yeah, Boy...I sure would

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment