Sunday, December 23, 2012

A Rendezvous To Die For by Bette McMahon


Book: A Rendezvous To Die For

Author: Betty McMahon

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Cassandra Cassidy, a wedding and news photographer, leaves the Big Apple for a quieter lifestyle. When her main competitor is found with a hatchet in his head, Cassandra becomes the main suspect. Desperate to clear her name, she uncovers things that were not meant to be uncovered. When bodies start stacking up, will Cassandra be one of them or just end up in jail for a murder she didn't commit.

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: I enjoyed this (light) cozy mystery. Although, I am, in general, not a fan of the cozy genre and think that they come off as much too sticky sweet; I love when an author can build a more substantial mystery or deeper characters. That is exactly what Ms. McMahon accomplished in A Rendezvous to Die For. This book was really inviting in her approach and writing. To boot, the characters were really down to earth and approachable. Finally, I loved the setting.

This is easily a character/setting that I could see develop into a series similar to something like MURDER SHE WROTE.

Source:   Author for Review     

Would I recommend? : Yes, to fans of the cozy mysteries and/or lighter mysteries. If you are a fan of heavier mysteries with more intense writing, you might find this book a bit too light.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment