Friday, December 7, 2012

Blessed Are Those Who Thirst: A Hanne Wilhemsen Novel #2 by Anne Holt


Book: Blessed Are Those Who Thirst: A Hanne Wilhelmsen Novel (#2)

Author: Anne Holt

Release date (if applicable): December 18, 2012

Synopsis: Hanne is back when a rash of bloody crimes, including the brutal rape of a 24 year old, sends the police force scurring to solve the crimes. Can Hanne solve the rape before the rape victim and her guilt ridden father do their own detective work to get justice?

My rating: 3 Stars

My opinion: Although I felt this novel was better than the first in the series, BLIND GODDESS, I am still unable to "connect" to the characters or the storylines. I just can't get as passionate and am not as "sucked in" as I have been with other Nordic Noir authors. On that note, Holt's storylines are good, in this reviewer's humble opinion, but are just written a tad more superficial than other authors in her same genre.

Source:   Publisher for review     

Would I recommend? : I would still recommend Holt's work, but maybe not as emphatically as other Nordic Noir authors.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of Series

No comments:

Post a Comment