Friday, December 7, 2012

The Chronicles of Downton Abbey: A New Era by Jessica Fellowes and Matthew Sturgis


Book: The Chronicles of Downton Abbey: A New Era

Author: Jessica Fellowes and Matthew Sturgis

Release date (if applicable): Released

Synopsis: Fellowes is back with a primer focused on the storyline of THE much loved Downton Abbey and its' upcoming season as it relates to British aristocracy history. This book focuses on famous aristocracy of the 1920's.

My rating: Nutin' but 5 stars for this bad boy! I wish my ratings went higher!

My opinion: Fellowes has definitely inherited her Uncle's perfection gene. when it comes to the arts! Although this book was much more written word, she continues to do a rockin' job at explaining the history of England's upper crust homes, as well as giving examples of those from that period of time which Downton is focusing on. This release focuses on the 1920's.

** Thanks to Evangeline  on Goodreads and fellow DA addict for correcting me on the Fellowes family tree!!**


Source: Library       

Would I recommend? : Why yes I sure would...and for fans of Downton Abbey (particularly during its' hiatus), IT IS A MUST!! This has helped to curb my withdrawl symptoms for a bit.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment