Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper


Book: The Demonologist

Author: Andrew Pyper

Release date (if applicable): March 5, 2013

Synopsis: Columbia Lit professor, David Ullman, has a specialty in Milton's Paradise Lost, but doesn't believe in what he teaches. When a beautiful woman approaches him with an offer he can't refuse, he takes his knowledge to Venice to offer his expertise. With his 12 year old daughter in tow, Professor Ullman lands in Italy and is eager to look at a new life. All does not go well though and EVERYTHING the professor had thought to be true within his mind.

My rating: 4 Stars

My opinion: This book started off incredibly creepy in my opinion. I was almost reminded of the movie THE EXORCISM OF EMILY ROSE in the scenery and tension that the author masterfully built up. One could feel the fear or incomprehension of the changing of perception within the character written in the pages, which I absolutely loved. I must say that I was really disappointed with the ending though. There was almost a silliness to the ending or that it was simply being wrapped up to get the book finished. It was really baffling given the effort that the author did to build up the story.

Source: Edelweiss for publisher        

Would I recommend? : Yeah, I love books like this. I would also love to see others feelings about the ending or if I am alone in that. Overall, I thought it was a fantastic book. I wouldn't be surprised to see it made into a movie.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

No comments:

Post a Comment