Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Anatomy of a Haunting: The Nightmare on Baxter Street by Lee Strong


Book: Anatomy of a Haunting: The Nightmare on Baxter Street

Author: Lee Strong

Release date (if applicable): March 8, 2013

Synopsis: Based on a true story. Jon and Carlie Summers inherit a house located in Iowa. Little do they know that the house has evil spirits that don't want them there and will do whatever they need to do to ensure that the Summers don't stay.

My rating: 3.5 Stars

My opinion: This is your typical haunted house novel. The book definitely had some serious creepiness to it; however, I found the writing to be typical with the majority of books in its' genre. Now, because this genre tends to be different in acceptable writing standards, very few do receive a higher rating from me. Although, I did give this one an additional half star for the creepiness factor. 

Source: Netgalley for Publisher       

Would I recommend? : To those who read the genre.

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment