Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Parallax View by Allan Leverone



Book: Parallax View
 
Author:Allan Leverone
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: The Cold War is still raging in the late 1980's and Tracie Tanner, a stunning CIA operative, has been given a mission...smuggle a communication from Gorbachev out of East Berlin and deliver it to the White House. There are those in the communist regime who don't want the communique to reach its' destination and will use ever opportunity and destroy whoever gets in their path to make sure she isn't successful. When the plane she is on from Germany crashes in Bangor, Maine and she is the only survivor, a handsome air traffic controller, Shane Rowley, saves her from the burning plane and finds himself wrapped up in the mission to get letter delivered. Will Tracey and Shane live to make sure the communique reaches its' destination?

 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion: I am thoroughly convinced after reading this that Allan Leverone is a literary genius. His ability to write quality literature within multiple genres is dynamic. This book took off from page one and didn't stop. When the author first asked me to review, I have to be honest and say I was a bit concerned. I love Allan's writing of his horror stories, but, in general, can't stand political thrillers. I had a lot of faith in the author, though...and he didn't steer me wrong. Although this is a political thriller, I don't think it was as heavy as one by authors such as Vince Flynn. For the female audience, there was even a bit of romance or sexual tension in the book which I found I enjoyed and greatly lightened the book. 

This book flowed so well that I ended up reading this book in 3 hours. In general, this is pretty much the standard with his writing though.

 
Source: Author for review.     
    
Would I recommend? : Yes, it was funny I thought this would be a guy's book (yes, I am being sexist), but as a female I thoroughly enjoyed it. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment