Friday, January 4, 2013

Shadow Cay by Leona Bodie


Book: Shadow Cay

Author: Leona Bodie

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: 16 year old Madeleine Nesbitt, while vacationing with her parents off the cost of the Bahamas, witnesses their slaughter while having their boat stolen. Madeleine, barely making it out alive, washes ashore on a private island. She quickly figures, determines that this island belongs to a brutal Kingpin, Rico, in a global organized crime organization. The one that is responsible for the death of her parents. Medeleine, assuming an alias, will do what she needs to do to get justice for her parents. When she escapes the island and assumes another identity, she goes to the heart and soul of the organization to send it crashing down. While working for the central operation, a medical device company, serving as a laundering facility, Madeleine meets Peter Duncan, a private eye, with his own agenda. Can Madeleine and Peter crush the vicious drug king pin, Rico? Will they lose their morals, their identity or even their lives in their quest to seek their revenge?

My rating: 5 Stars

My opinion: I heard another author speaking about this book. When I looking at the book, my first thought was that it was definitely a book that I would love to review due to its' description and previous reviews. Imagine my surprise when the review request came in from the author to review it. I think it took me all of 5 minutes to get back to her with a "Heck, yeah! I will review your book!"

This book was everything it described and more. I found myself putting aside other review copies I am working on, sneaking in time to read it, etc. Once I was able to sit down and finally dedicate time to read it, I read 400 pages in approximately 5 hours. The story flowed like liquid gold!

Now, I will admit that there were moments when I did get the characters a bit confused, as there were a large number of characters who pop in and out of the storyline, but as it progressed, it became very apparent that how she wrote it was critical to the ending.

Another point of honesty, looking at its' cover, I expected this book to be cozy-lite. IT ISN'T!

Ms. Bodie is yet another example of DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS' PUBLISHER. This is Indie writing at its' finest.

Source: Review copy from author       

Would I recommend? : Heck, Yes!

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment