Monday, January 21, 2013

The Cutting Season by Attica Locke



Book: The Cutting Season
 
Author: Attica Locke
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: While plantation manager, Caren Gray, is doing her rounds at Bella Vie, a now commercialized tourist attraction in the deep south, she stumbles upon the dead body of a woman. What does the dead woman have to do with the history of this majestic, yet dark location?

 
My rating: 2 Stars
 
My opinion: I will be honest. I might have over hyped this book in my mind. I was so excited at its' pending release that I was chomping at the bit to read it. When I read it; I felt it fell flat from where the storyline could have taken it in darkness. I don't know if this is because it was a traditionally published book targeted towards the general public. It would have been interesting to see how dark the author could have gone had it been published independently. The book just simply was soft to me.

 
Source:   Library
    
Would I recommend? : No
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment