Friday, February 15, 2013

Cold Remains by Sally Spedding






Book: Cold Remains 
 
Author: Sally Spedding
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Two wanna-bee authors, Jason Robbins and Helen Jenkins, attend a writing course at Heron House. When eerie things begin occurring, Jason and Helen decide to investigate it. Will they survive what secrets are behind the ivy covered walls? 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: It took me a bit longer to get into this sleeper novel. It was very gothic and "noir-ish" in nature. Once I did, it took off and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The mystery laid out well and I enjoyed the twisted-ness of the characters. One thing I didn't like about this book was that it flipped back and forth in periods of time. However, there was something that was slightly reminiscent of Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House.
 
Source: Netgalley for Publisher    
    
Would I recommend? : Yes and I already have.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment