Friday, March 22, 2013

A Higher Call: An Incredibly True Story of Combat and Chivalry in War Torn Skies of WWII by Adam Makos






Book: A Higher Call: An Incredibly True Story of Combat and Chivalry in War Torn Skies of WWII
 
Author: Adam Makos
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: In 1943, an ace Nazi fighter pilot made a decision that saved American fighter pilots lives, but could have cost him his. What prompted him to make this decision? Was he successful? What was the reaction from the brutal regime?
 
My rating: 5 Stars. This book is so near perfect, it couldn't be more perfect if it tried!
 
My opinion: If Hollywood doesn't pick this up movie rights to this book they are even bigger fools than what I think they are.

This book was fantastic on so many levels. First off, the writing was simply flawless. It was a smooth, for the topic, as a fine cognac. I easily could have been reading a fiction book and sometimes I had to remind myself that I wasn't.  Second, I love when history books leave me with more questions than what I came in with. This novel did just that.  Third, this writer was able to keep a tension always below the surface that made the reader feel that there was something big always getting ready to happen. 

Source: Library

   
Would I recommend? : Yes. I even just purchased it as a gift.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment