Friday, March 22, 2013

Darkness Rising (East Salem #2) Lis Wiehl/Pete Nelson





Book: Darkness Rising (East Salem #2)
 
Author: Lis Wiehl/Pete Nelson
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Dr. Dani Harris is back when evil has been coming out of hiding and committing violent deaths. Can Dani and Tommy Gunderson the evil no longer content to remain quiet behind the walls of St. Adrian's Academy? Could it truly be something paranormal and demonic or is the answer much more simple?
 
My rating: 3.5 Stars (will be 4 stars on Amazon and Goodreads)
 
My opinion: Although I have enjoyed this series, I haven't been sucked in as deeply as some of my Goodreads friends. This series has been recommended to me and give 5 stars than more GR friends that I can count on one hand. Don't get me wrong, these are some great books.  I love the writing, love the characters, love the setting and love this type of book; however,  I could definitely do without the romance aspects and would probably rate them higher without it. They simply didn't need it. 

On a tidbit note: I am also seeing this on a number of Christian lists and frequent Christian reviewers panning the book. I don't think I would call this a Christian book. Yes, it is a book that discusses the devil popping his head into Salem,and characters struggling with their "faith" but I would say that is where it ends. In this reviewers humble opinion, I don't think that reaches the threshold of Christian literature and almost sets the book up for failure with reviewers who have the need to over analyze the book on theory and teachings. In fact, I think some Christians would have some real issues with this series.
 
Source:    Netgalley for Thomas Nelson
    
Would I recommend? : Yes, I have recommended this series.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of Trilogy

No comments:

Post a Comment