Thursday, March 21, 2013

Intelligent Leadership: What You Need To Know To Unlock Your Full Potential by John Mattone





Book: Intelligent Leadership: What You Need to Know To Unlock Your Full Potential
 
Author: John Mattone
 
Release date (if applicable): April 23, 2013

Synopsis: Mattone lays out key leadership traits and aspects of their various levels of maturity/development. These leadership traits include:

  • Helper
  • Entertainer
  • Artist
  • Thinker
  • Disciple
  • Activist
  • Driver
  • Arbitrator
  • Perfectionist
To assist readers to navigate their level and strengths of areas leadership,  the author includes self discovery tools that were simple to complete and interpret.
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion: One of the best books on leadership I have read in a very long time.  This author has laid this book out beautifully with very simple to follow/concise charts and graphics. I loved the breakdown of the leadership traits into easy to understand "maturity levels and the useful activities to help readers assess levels and strengths/weaknesses of their leadership styles.

This is a book that it will not surprise me to see it utilized in grad school leadership programs.
 
Source:  Netgalley for AMACOM      

Would I recommend? : I already have.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment