Monday, March 11, 2013

Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys





Book: Out of the Easy
 
Author: Ruta Sepetys
 
Narrator (if applicable):N/A

Release date (if applicable): Published

Format:Print

Synopsis: 1950's NOLA, 17 year old Josie Moraine, the daughter of a prostitute, is eager to get out of the Big Easy and attend a prestigious New England university. A murder in the Big Easy that can be tied back to those in her circle are putting a crimp in those plans. Will she make it out of NOLA's Red Light District or will her allegiances keep her there forever?
 
My rating: 2 stars
 
My opinion: I LOVED Ms. Sepetys' debut novel, Between Shades of Gray, so much I read it in a couple of hours and can still recall a number of scenes from the book. I loved the characters, scenery, storyline...I loved it all.

I must admit that I did not feel the connection nor the passion to the characters in this book. The writing was still very good, but not engrossing. The storyline seemed kind of mediocre and mundane compared to the author's first release. I was expecting a big scene and it didn't quite happen as much as I expected it to happen.
 
Source:  Library      

Would I recommend? : Yes. I must admit that I do love Ms. Sepetys' writing. This storyline and character did nothing for me though. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment