Friday, March 22, 2013

The Fate of Mercy Alban by Wendy Webb







Book: The Fate of Mercy Alban
 
Author: Wendy Webb
 
Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Grace Alban and her daughter, Amity, are forced to return to Alban house, following the death of Grace's mother, after a long and self-imposed absence. Grace has never felt comfortable at the stately manner. There to help her through her grief is the Reverend Matthew Parker and a not so welcomed journalist who is insistent in his need to talk to Grace about the Alban family secrets.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: Wendy Webb is one of those authors who are getting better with each book of hers that I have read. I preferred this book much more to her first release and found it laid out much better. The characters were much more approachable and the storyline much more mysterious. I found that there were many mysteries that I didn't see coming and was pleasantly surprised by twists the author that left me "ooohing and ahhhhing".

I must say that the ending of the book was a bit of a nice red ribbon which drives me nuts but it didn't ruin the read for me. I simply rolled my eyes. 
 
Source: Library
       
Would I recommend? : Yep!
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment