Friday, April 5, 2013

Audio Book Review: Black Irish~A Novel by Stephan Talty







Book: Black Irish~A Novel
 
Author: Stephan Talty
 
Narrator (if applicable):David Lawrence XVII

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Absolum "Abbie" Kearney, a Harvard educated police detective with the Buffalo, NY police department,  is called in to investigate the death of inside of a church. As she investigates several things become very apparent. First, because of her schooling and perceived "outsider" status, the Irish citizens of Buffalo don't take to her lightly. Second, the body count starts to add up. Third, the killings go deeper than even Abbie could imagine.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: It is very hard to impress me, but I loved this book. With how much I read, I am really getting bored with story lines that have the same "theme". The story line was incredibly unique and laid out well. There were a couple of moments in the book that I didn't feel were laid out well or had a "yeah, right!" feeling to them but not enough to really knock the book down in my opinion.

The characters and the pulse of the book was written so well that I would love to see this become a series. It is definitely one I would stalk the author to see when new releases were coming out!

I enjoyed the narrator of the audio book, as well. He separated out the "character's voices" well and kept the book going at an appropriate "clip".
 
Source:   Library     

Would I recommend? : Already have
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


No comments:

Post a Comment