Friday, April 5, 2013

The Darkling: A Novel by R.B. Chesterton






Book: The Darkling: A Novel
 
Author: R.B. Chesterton
 
Narrator (if applicable): N/A

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: In 1974, Twenty one year old Mimi Bosarge has a dream job out of college.  OK, maybe not a dream job, but it is a job! She is a tutor to 3 wealthy children. Life is good until the family, the Hendersons, take in a troubled teen, by the name of Annie, who has no recollection of her life. Then all hell breaks loose!
 
My rating: 3.5 Stars ( 3 Stars for Amazon/Goodreads)
 
My opinion: Gotta say that I enjoyed this quick read, but it was a very easy read. The writing was good, not great, but the story got told in a way that flowed really well.  I thought it had much more of a Young Adult or New Adult feeling to it versus being an adult novel.

I must say that I do agree with other readers who encourage the getting this book from a library versus purchasing it or at least take a look at it at a brick/mortar store. I can't put my finger on it, but there wasn't an overwhelming feeling of knocking my socks off that would having me screaming from the mountain tops to purchase it. Maybe for the younger reader it would though.
 
Source: Edelweiss for Pegasus Books
        
Would I recommend? : For a younger audience. 
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


No comments:

Post a Comment