Saturday, April 6, 2013

The Washington Post Cookbook: Readers' Favorite Recipes by Bonnie S. Benwick





**BE SURE TO WATCH THE PUB AND GRUB FORUM FOR SELECTIONS FROM THIS COOKBOOK**


Book: The Washington Post Cookbook: Readers' Favorite Recipes
 
Author: Bonnie S. Berwick
 
Narrator (if applicable): N/A

Release date (if applicable): April 15, 2013

Synopsis: A collection of recipes from The Washington Post. Courses include appetizers, main dishes, side dishes and desert. Recipes were even in the book for breakfasts, holidays and also vegetarian selections. How about my favorite selection...drinks? Yep, those are in there too!

Some of my favorite recipes include:

  • 1789 Pear Salad
  • Lemon Rice with Pine Nuts
  • Risotto with Fresh Greens and Basil
  • Arroz Veracruzano
  • Brown Sugar and Beer Glazed Beef
  • Misery Meatloaf
  • Texas Chicken Fried Steak with Gravy
  • Slow Cooked South Carolina Pulled Pork
  • Hoisin Hens
  • Stephanie's Fried Chicken
  • Best Brussel Sprouts Ever!
  • Not Derby Pie

Among others!

 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: My first impression of this cookbook was definitely not my last. When I first had downloaded the book, I thought nice cookbook but for entertainment only. When I ended the book I was like "dang...tons and tons of recipes that I could make for family meals!" 

Recipes were laid out for easy instruction. I was also impressed that the majority of the recipes while unusual seemed simple to prepare. Pictures of completed product were included for the majority of the dishes. 
 
Source:  Netgalley for Time Capsule Press, LLC   
  
Would I recommend? : Absolutely, it was a fun cookbook!
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone


**BE SURE TO WATCH THE PUB AND GRUB FORUM FOR SELECTIONS FROM THIS COOKBOOK**

No comments:

Post a Comment