Thursday, May 2, 2013

The New Wine Country Cookbook: Recipes from California's Central Coast by Brigit Binns







Book: The New Wine Country Cookbook: Recipes from California's Central Coast
 
Author: Brigit Binns
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): May 7, 2013

Synopsis: A collection of recipes from wineries from California's central coast. The  book also gives profiles of some of the wineries from that hoppin' region.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: This was a beautiful book for its pictures of the Central California wine country. On the cookbook side of it, I wasn't as impressed from the "practicality" side of the book. I would qualify this as a book more for entertaining versus weekday or family meals. That is not to say that I wouldn't make these meals for my husband and I, but if I tried to throw children into the mix, I can't see it being successful. Personally, with food tastes, I thought too many of the recipes had a "fish component", particularly anchovies which were immediate passes on those recipes. This book is not for the novice chef as the better chunk of the recipes appeared pretty complicated. Furthermore, I would like to have seen more recipes of finished dishes. There were some included but not near enough for the complexity of the recipes.

I loved the wine pairing suggestions though, as well as the profiles of the central valley wineries. I must admit that this book made me want to head there even more than I do now. 

 
Source: Andrew McMeels Publishing through Netgalley
      
Would I recommend? : Yes
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment