Monday, June 24, 2013

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW: Hemingway's Girl by Erika Robuck






Book: Hemingway's Girl
 
Author: Erika Robuck
 
Narrator (if applicable):Tavia Gilbert

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: It is post WWI, Ernest and Pauline Hemingway are living in Key West when they hire a young woman, Mariella, whose father died suddenly leaving the family impoverished.  Mariella has earned the heart of not only Hemingway, but the handsome, but disfigured Gavin Murray, a veteran of the war, who wants her heart forever.

When a hurricane bears down on the keys, what secrets will be exposed that are destructive as any level 5 hurricane and threaten everything Mariella has ever thought true?
 
My rating: 3.5/5 Stars
 
My opinion: After reading and despising a book based almost on the same characters, I went into this book with a bit of trepidation. I loved the storyline of this book. I felt it was incredibly engrossing and loved the majority of the characters. I must admit, even with this book,  I continue to have a serious dislike of Pauline and Ernest Hemingway that i was hoping to have alleviated in this book. 

So why the 3.5 star rating? I have to admit that this book probably would have been a 4 or 5 star read for me had I read it versus listening to it. I found the narration of this book to be highly melodramatic and almost had given up on it.  I found there were periods where the narration was like nails on a chalk board.
 
Source:  Edelweiss for Tantor
      
Would I recommend? : Yes
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment