Wednesday, June 12, 2013

If You Were Here by Alafair Burke





Book: If You Were Here
 
Author: Alafair Burke
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Journalist McKenna Wright is given an assignment to write on an incident that a mysterious woman pulled a teenager off subway tracks seconds before he was about to get hit by an oncoming train.  Problem is, McKenna immediately knows the woman when she watches the video of the incident. She is looking at recent footage of a friend who went missing years ago and was presumed dead.
 
My rating: 3 Stars
 
My opinion: I wasn't as drawn into this Burke book as I have been in previous books of hers and I have read several. On that note, did it have the Alafair Burke high quality writing? Yes. Did it have a great storyline and character development? For the most part, but I didn't find myself sucked in immediately to the storyline. Thus, I found myself having to slightly push myself to read parts of this book, which is a new one for me with this author.
 
Source: Edelweiss for Harper
        
Would I recommend? : Yes, I always do. I just didn't get the warm tinglies from this book as much as Ms. Burke's other novels.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment