Monday, June 10, 2013

Serving Victoria: Life in the Royal Household by Kate Hubbard





Book: Serving Victoria: Life in the Royal Household
 
Author: Kate Hubbard
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: An insiders look by the servants inside the royal palace during the reign of Queen Victoria. 
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion:  A very strong, DETAILED novel. I started this book on my ereader as a reviewer, but ended up waiting for it to come out in print due to the depth of the writing. I must admit that I was slightly disappointed because I thought that this book was going to be excerpts from the royal staff's diaries and it wasn't. 
 
Source: Edelweiss for Harper
       
Would I recommend? : For someone a bit more versed in Queen Victoria's reign. This was a common complaint of those who read it knowing nothing about her going into the book.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment