Monday, June 3, 2013

The Killing Hour by Paul Cleave





Book: The Killing Hour
 
Author: Paul Cleave
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Charlie sees dead people and they come to remind him of his bad behaviors. One morning Charlie wakes up with a bump on his head, covered in blood, two friends dead and him the main suspect. Charlie swears it is a serial killer by the name of Cyrus. But is it Charlie? Is that what the ghosts are reminded him about? Is the serial killer Cyrus real? If he is, does he have a target on Charlie as his next victim?
 
My rating: 2.5 Stars (bumped up to 3 stars for Goodreads and Amazon)

My opinion: It took me FOREVER to read this book. I actually had to download it a couple of times because I kept picking up other books. Once I read past the first 100 pages it picked up speed, but then quickly dropped off again. Still, must say that OVERALL, I enjoyed the storyline but found the writing to be lacking "uumph"

Now, will this be my last book by this author. NO WAY. I just don't think this one caught my fancy as quickly as it needed to. 
 
Source: Edelweiss for Atria
      
Would I recommend? : I wouldn't. It just really didn't rock my world.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment