Monday, July 8, 2013

Messages From the Dead by Sandy DeLuca



Book: Messages from the Dead
  
Author: Sandy DeLuca
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): July 30, 2013

Synopsis: Donna has some secrets...ok, a whole lot of secrets. Raised by her grandmother, a woman who held seances in her house, she has an uncanny ability to see ghosts. This is stepped up when Donna heads to the local community college to take art classes. Thing is...this college was once a children's hospital and there are those from that time who still roam the halls. Now that they found Donna...they have plans for her and will stop at nothing to see them come to fruition.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: I had heard Ms. DeLuca's name before as she is published by one of my favorite "creepy" publishing houses, Darkfuse Publishing. When the opportunity came for me to review one of her works I jumped at it. I was not disappointed. This will not be the last from this author.

There was a feeling to this novella that had me reminiscing about my favorite ghost writer, Clare McNally. I must admit that, although the characters were well developed, I felt the story was kind of rushed. I would have liked to have seen this longer than the about 100 pages that it was. Gotta say that this short little book had some rockin' twists woven in masterfully. 

For $2.99, this book is a bargain. I would EASILY pay that cost and not even blink an eye!

Source: DarkFuse Publishing
       
Would I recommend? : Yep, sure would!
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment