Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Reality Ends Here by Alison Gaylin





Book: Reality Ends Here
 
Author: Alison Gaylin
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Estella Blanchard is already having a hard time growing up. Her father died under mysterious circumstances ten years ago and she is the half sister to a set of sextuplets. Can't forget that she is a star in her family's reality television show. Christmas morning, she receives a package from her dead father. Her mother's response was to blame her and place her in a treatment program for young starlets. Can this group get to the bottom of the Christmas package? Did Estella's father fake his death?
 
My rating: 3.5 Stars
 
My opinion: I thought this was a really cute and mostly clean read. The main character was an approachable character and supported by a cast of quirky, "drama-queenish" characters that kept the storyline light and airy, yet the mystery flowed well. The book was free from heavy profanity, sex and or drug scenes. I think this could go to even earlier than what the publisher is stating (15+) because of this.

 Now, I do have to admit that I enjoy Ms. Gaylin's Brenna Spector series, but found this one to be much lighter. However, this book is targeted towards the young adult readers. If I wasn't reading this for review, it would not be one that I would enjoy as an adult. I finished this book about 10 days ago, but have forgotten the better chunk of the storyline already.
 
Source:  Edelweiss for Pocket Star
      
Would I recommend? : Yes, it was a cute clean mystery.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment