Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Highway (Cody Hoyt #2) by C.J. Box





Book: The Highway (Cody Hoyt #2)
 
Author: CJ Box
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): July 30, 2013

Synopsis: Young women are disappearing in Wyoming. When two sisters disappear on the way to visit their father for Thanksgiving, Cody's son and his former partner ask him to step in and help to solve the mystery to bring the girls home alive. Things aren't quite what tranquil in this cozy western town. Who is kidnapping young women off the roads of Wyoming and why can't they be found? Will Cody be able to find the young women before they become just another statistic?
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: Wow, wow, wow...as someone who enjoys Box's Joe Pickett series, I was not ready for Cody Hoyt. While I consider the Pickett series to be tame; this series is anything but. I really enjoyed the twistedness of this series. The writing was classic Box, so that didn't really surprise me. The storyline did! I have to admit that there were sections of this book that I had to read twice because I couldn't believe that the storyline went in that direction. I love that in a book. It gives this reviewer a nice, warm and fuzzy feeling!

Because I have not read the first in series, I can't advise regarding character development. The storyline does refer frequently to Hoyt being a fallen cop, but didn't go too much into it in this novel. I think I would have liked to have known more about his background going into this book. 
 
Source:  St. Martin's Press/Minotaur Books
      
Would I recommend? : Hell yes...I am even going back and reading the first in the series.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Part of series

No comments:

Post a Comment