Monday, September 30, 2013

Running Like A Girl by Alexandra Heminsley





Book: Running Like A Girl
 
Author: Alexandra Heminsley
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: A very insightful read for us slowpokes just starting our running lives. Told with hysterical honesty and insight, this book helps women, such as myself, when giving up is looking like a very realistic option!
 
My rating: 5 Stars!!
 
My opinion: HILARIOUS, HILARIOUS, HILARIOUS
 

This book is  a must read for ANY non-professional runner and one that feels like a fool while building up stamina in running. I could relate to 90 percent of what this woman wrote and it gave me hope to persevere even when I feel like it is never going to work out.
 

One of the things that I liked most regarding this book are the great tips woven into just a really light story (i.e. invest in a great running bra...breasts go in figure 8's not up and down)


I purchased this book for my training library and reflect back to it on bad days. Yes, it is highlighted like crazy!


Source:   Scribner
     
Would I recommend? : Already have and even purchased as a gift and one for myself.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment