Monday, November 25, 2013

Weekends with Daisy by Sharron Kahn Luttrell





Book: Weekends with Daisy
 
Author: Sharron Kahn Luttrell
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Grieving from the loss of her dog, Sharron Luttrell decided to work with a service dog training program which partnered convicts in state prisons. Weekends with Daisy is the chronicle of this time spent with a precocious pup. Yet, it is Ms. Luttrell who does all the learning.

Who says a new pup can't teach YOU new tricks?!?!
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: Gotta say that the first part of this where Ms. Luttrell discussed the death of her first dog made me cry like a baby. Losing my Mattie Dog, I was able to associate with all the emotions that she wrote about.  That isn't where the book stopped. There were so many life lessons wrapped up in a great story.

Reminding me slightly of Marley and Me, Weekends with Daisy was well written and gives life's lessons in a heartwarming, welcoming way. 
 
Source: Gallery Books
       
Would I recommend? : Most definitely.  There are SO many audiences that this book would be perfect for.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment