Tuesday, January 14, 2014

The Edge of Normal by Carla Norton





Book: The Edge of Normal
 
Author: Carla Norton
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Ten years ago, Reeve Le Claire was the kidnapping victim of a sexual sadist. Held for  4 years before being rescued, Reeve has worked hard the last 6 years to overcome that horrible period in her life. 

When the same situation happens to another young girl, Tilly, Reeve, at the request of her psychiatrist, Dr Ezra Lerner, has been asked to help Tilly open up about what happened to her.  Unlike Reeve's case, there are a whole lot more people involved with Tilly's kidnapping and they want to make sure that Tilly doesn't speak about it and they will do whatever it takes to ensure she doesn't. Can Reeve protect Tilly and find out who is behind the vicious kidnapping?
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: I loved this story and I whipped through it. The action was pulse pounding. I loved that the book didn't "soft touch" the aspects of the sexual crimes, which in this case I thought was important. As a result, I felt the book flowed quickly and had a feeling of realism to it as we are seeing more and more of these cases. 

Ms. Norton, who normally writes non-fiction, transferred beautifully into the thriller genre.
 
Source: Publisher for review
       
Would I recommend? : Already have
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment