Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Man of His Own by Susan Wilson





Book: A Man of His Own
 
Author: Susan Wilson
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Professional baseball player Rick Stanton has everything going for him. A loving wife, Francesca, and a loyal dog, Pax. Then WWII breaks out and both Rick and Pax head overseas. Rick as a soldier and Pax assigned to soldier Keller Nicholson of the K-9 corp. 

When all 3 return broken and battered, Pax seems to be the key to healing. When Keller is hired as Rick's live-in aide, will other issues arise which could tear the 3 apart again?
 
My rating: 3.5 Stars
 
My opinion: While I enjoyed this book, particularly the WWII aspect of it, I must admit that this wasn't my favorite of the author. I found the telling it from multiple perspectives (4) was highly confusing and broken up. As a result, while I loved the overall storyline, I found it was a bit more difficult to get attached to.
 
Source: Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : Yes, it was still a warm-hearted read.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment