Friday, February 14, 2014

Burial Rites by Hannah Kent





Book: Burial Rites
 
Author: Hannah Kent
 
Narrator (if applicable):n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: In 1829 Iceland, Anges Magnusdottier, who was orphaned at the age of 6,  has been convicted of the murder of a farmer and his friend. She is sent to a farm to and is await execution. As she gets to know the family, it has been uncovered that the story isn't quite as everyone thinks it is. Can they save Agnes or will she die by the ax, as her "co-conspirators" already have?
 
My rating: 5 Stars
 
My opinion: I found this to be a well researched, historical fiction novel based on true occurrences.  This is a dynamic debut that I wished I would have read sooner.

I loved the combination of the "POV" between telling the story as a narrative and first person POV of Agnes. Thought it to be very powerful and the author nailed it, especially coming from a debut author. By her writing in this format, the author was able to write
"Real and approachable" characters with a depiction of the life during that period of time.

  
If this is the author's debut, I can't wait to see what else she produces. 
 
Source: Publisher for review
      
Would I recommend? : Already have.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment