Saturday, March 22, 2014

The Wife, The Maid and The Mistress: A Novel by Ariel Lawhon





Book: The Wife, The Maid and The Mistress: A Novel
 
Author: Ariel Lawhon
 
Narrator (if applicable): n/a

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: In 1930, Justice Joseph Crater disappears from New York. There is a long list of suspects who would want him gone. Among them are the three women who knew him best: his wife, his maid and his mistress.
 
My rating: 4 Stars
 
My opinion: When I was able to read it, this book was an incredibly quick read. I love when I can could picture going on in my head and this book was it.
 

I enjoyed the mystery behind it. The fact that it was based on a true story with a fictional narrative.  The author was authentic to the language used during that time and it reminded me of one of the movies one would see during the late 30s.

One irritation that I did find was that there was some sloppiness and looseness in some of the "time jumping" that became slightly confusing. I wish the author would have tightened it up some as it was  very important to how it was placed in the story. 
 
Source: Publisher for review
        
Would I recommend? : I already have.
 
Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment