Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Murder Farm by Andrea Maria Schenkel


Book: The Murder Farm

Author: Andrea Maria Schenkel

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: In 1922 Germany, an entire family is slaughtered in their home. Why?

My rating: 3.5/5 Stars

My opinion: I found that I really had a hard time with this book and couldn't connect with it. Funny that it wasn't due to the topic of the book, but more from the writing style and/or translation of it. Another reviewer compared it to Truman Capote's In Cold Blood, but I must state that comparison should be limited to the storyline only.

Source: Publisher for review

Would I recommend? : I will state that even after almost one full year of having read the book, the jury is still out whether I would recommend this book. While the story was compelling, I found the writing/translation lacking...so which is more important?

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Stand alone

No comments:

Post a Comment