Saturday, June 27, 2015

The Skeleton Road by Val McDermid


 
Book: The Skeleton Road

Author: Val McDermid

Release date (if applicable): Published

Synopsis: Skeletal remains are found in a construction site of a torn down, soon to be luxury high rise apartments in Edinburg. Whose are they and do they have anything to do with the Balkans war crimes? DCI Karen Pirie must find out.

My rating: 4 stars

My opinion: It has been six years since Ms. McDermid last published a Inspector Karen Pirie novel. I had forgotten a chunk of the backstory to this series. While this book was excellent, I wouldn't say that it is my favorite in the series.

That didn't stop me from loving it though. This was my favorite Val McDermid book in a very long time. The book was intelligently written and laid out. It engaged me quickly with the deep story line. It contains Ms. McDermid's typical high quality writing with superb character and setting development.  

While this story does have some violence to it, it is definitely tamer than her Tony Hill/Wire in the Blood series. I must admit that I still do prefer that series over her Karen Pirie series, but I am twisted like that.

Source: Netgalley for Publisher

Would I recommend? : Yes

Stand Alone or Part of a Series: Third in series.

No comments:

Post a Comment